Bargain hunters, get ready to click. Cyber Monday is here.
Cyber Monday is a marketing term for the Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States. The term “Cyber Monday” was created by marketing companies to persuade people to shop online. The term was coined by Ellen Davis and Scott Silverman, and made its debut on November 28, 2005, in a Shop.org press release entitled “‘Cyber Monday’ Quickly Becoming One of the Biggest Online Shopping Days of the Year”.
Cyber Monday has become the online equivalent to Black Friday and offers a way for smaller retail websites to compete with larger chains. Since its inception, it has become an international marketing term used by online retailers across the world.
Cyber Monday is expected to generate $6.6 billion in internet sales, which would make it the largest U.S. online shopping day in history by $1 billion, according to Adobe Analytics, which measures transactions at the largest 100 U.S. web retailers.
Retail stores have invested heavily in boosting their websites and improving their delivery options in anticipation of shoppers intent on finding the latest round of steals. The annual internet bonanza comes after Black Friday and Thanksgiving online sales surged to record highs. U.S. retailers raked in a record $7.9 billion in online sales over both days, up 17.9% from a year ago, according to Adobe.
These are some of the products that will be on discount this Cyber Monday.
- Apple MacBook Pro (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) for $1,299.99 (usually $1,499.99).
- Apple MacBook Pro (15-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, for $2,149.99 (usually $2,399.99).
- Apple MacBook Pro (15-inch, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, for $2,549.99 (usually $2,799.99).
- Microsoft Surface Pro Core M (12.3-inch, 128GB) for $629 (usually $999).
- HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 (13.3-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) for $949.99(usually $1,349.99).
- Apple iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi 128GB for $274.99 (usually $399.99).
- Apple iPad Pro 10.5-inch Wi-Fi 64GB, $524.99 (usually $649.99).
- Apple iPad Pro 10.5-inch Wi-Fi 256GB, $674.99 (usually $799.99).
- Apple iPad Pro 1-.5-inch Wi-Fi 512GB, $849.99 (usually $999.99).
Walmart is providing the following deals this Cyber Monday.
- Samsung 58” 4K Smart LED HDTV for $598 ($200 savings)
- RCA 55” 4K Roku Smart HDR LED TV for $379 ($420 savings)
- Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S7 for $299 ($200 savings)
- Lenovo Ideapad 320 15.6” Laptop with Windows 10 for $199 ($70 savings)
- Bose QuietComfort Noise-cancelling Headphones for $179 ($100 savings)
- RCA Cambrio 10.1” 2-in-1 32GB Tablet with Windows 10 (includes keyboard) for $99.98 ($8 savings)
- Google Home Mini for $29 ($20 savings) – customers also receive up to $25 off a Walmart order when they link their Walmart account to Google Express
VIDEO GAMES & ENTERTAINMENT
- PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Gaming Console in Black for $349 ($50 savings)
- PlayStation 4 1TB Slim Gaming System for $199 ($100 savings)
- Xbox One S for $189 ($90 savings)
Buy these awesome gadgets while they are at a cheaper rate. Or live long to regret them later. 😉